Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Last Run

I haven't run in 2 weeks. I did my 15 minute mile then my morning schedule got screwy and then I got sick, so I put off running.

Today is my last day in Pennsylvania. Soon I'll be battling the inferno in Arizona. I had to take one last chance to run out in the woods. I didn't run much - a little more than 1/2 a mile. I wanted to take it easy after a two-week break and I really just wanted to enjoy the run and the out-a-doors.

It was chilly when I ran. I startled three deer. I ran by all three ponds. I hopped over a branch and some roots. And then I walked the rest of the way, taking in the beauty around me knowing it will probably be a year before I see it all again.

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you got in one last run Roccy! I think you're awesome babe.

    The boys and I climbed that mountain on Brown Rd today and I thought of you. I plan on another hike somewhere in a couple of weeks. Want to come? :)

    ReplyDelete