Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Goal and The Program

The Goal: to jog one mile without stopping or walking. I don't care how slowly I go. I don't care if I make a new record for the slowest jog. I just want to jog a mile, a whole mile. Once that's under my belt, I'll work on upping the speed to something respectable.

The Program: The program I am following is a variation of the Couch-to-5K running program. Mine varies slightly.


Week 1 Run one min, walk 90 seconds. Repeat eight times. Do three times a week.
Week 2 Run two mins, walk one min. Repeat seven times. Do three times a week.
Week 3 Run three mins walk one mins. Repeat six times. Do three times a week.
Week 4 Run five mins, walk two mins. Repeat four times. Do three times a week.
Week 5 Run eight mins, walk two mins. Repeat three times. Do three times a week.
Week 6 Run 12 mins, walk one min. Repeat three times. Do three times a week.
Week 7 Run 15 mins, walk one min, Run fifteen mins. Do three times a week
Week 8 Run 30 mins continuously.

By week 7 I should be jogging my mile. As of right now I am on week 3. It was a scary jump to go from jogging 2 minutes to 3 minutes. Two minutes was hard enough for me - but 3 minutes!? with only a 1 minute walk in between!? But, surprisingly it went rather well. Next week I will be running 5 minutes at a time. I'm shaking in my sneakers!!

2 comments:

  1. You're already on week 3?? You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are ya doing???? I'm ready for another update already! This is so very exciting. I'll stay right here on the couch and live through you! :D

    ReplyDelete