Sunday, July 18, 2010

24:56

Last week I was on week 5. That is run for 8 minutes, walk for 2 and I was to do 3 sets of this. Monday, I did it no problem. Same with Wednesday. Friday - I almost skipped my run due to a horrible night sleep and an impending big day out and about. However, I woke up early enough that I couldn't not run. So out I went.

Remember Forest Gump? Remember him running - he just felt like running and kept on going. I ran for the first 8 minutes. When that time was coming to a close I realized I wasn't all that worn out and thought perhaps I could skip the walking (2 minute) portion and just keep on running, at least for a minute or two more. I did. Before I knew it I had run 16 minutes straight! At that point, I thought, what's 8 more minutes? So I continued on and ran for a total of 24 minutes 56 seconds straight! And I could have gone on longer but I needed to get the kids up and ready for the day.

I'm pretty sure I ran my mile. But, I'm not entirely sure. I run awfully slow. Once I'm back in AZ and can track my mileage either outside (from one street to another) or tracking it on my treadmill, I'll know for sure if I can run a mile.

This is a huge leap for me. A huge accomplishment. I'm not taking it lightly. I'm dang proud of myself. If I have indeed run a mile, I intend to keep going. I'd like to get my pace respectable and I'd like to be able to run a mile without it being a big deal. I think that means I'll have to run more than a mile at some point.

3 comments:

  1. Use www.mapmyrun.com to figure out the distance im sure you ran more than 1 mile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woweee!!! Congratulations. You've done it already by your 4th post! :) I'm sure you'll only get better from here.

    ReplyDelete