Monday, April 18, 2011

Speed. I Am Speed.

Ok, not really. I've decided to set a goal to get my speed up to a respectable level. I feel I have the mile pretty much conquered. Now to get to it a little faster.

Tonight, since I wasn't able to get out until well past dark, I decided to stay close to home and run a 1/4 mile stretch back and forth while working on going a bit faster. That was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Through this process of running I've learned something: even though I may set a goal for myself that does not mean that I will quickly meet that goal. And if I don't meet the goal right away, I'm not a failure. It's just something to continually work toward.

So, tonight was my first time out working on speed. I started off fast and confident. That soon withered to slow and huffing and puffing. But, even those few seconds of fast running got me closer to my more respectable mile time. I'll continue to get stronger and faster.

I'll continue.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you..no matter how far or fast you run! Have you read the book, Born to Run? If not remind me when you are here and I will loan it to you. It is very fascinating. Keep up the effort.

    ReplyDelete