Sunday, March 27, 2011

What Makes a Runner a Runner?

Well, what makes a writer a writer? Are you only a writer if you've had something published?

Are you only a runner if you've run in a marathon?

Or are you a runner simply because you run on a fairly consistent basis?

I am a mother because I mother on a consistent basis. I'd like to say I'm a writer (I have a TON of stories swirling around in my overactive mind), but hardly do I put pen to paper, so I can't claim being a writer.

Oh how I want to claim being a runner! But, I don't want to take the glory from those that actually run on a consistent basis and are true blue runners.

So for now I'm a wanna be runner. I hope that in short order I'll be able to confidently claim being a runner - and that it will be a true claim!

No comments:

Post a Comment